Sunday, July 19, 2009

Witches and wonky stars

I promise I'll show some more interesting projects soon, but at the moment there are just lots of Spooktacular Witches. I figured photo of a bunch of identical blocks might be a bit boring, but you can trust they all look pretty much the same.

In other news though, I got an amazing witch from Deana who I did a personal swap with. She's huge and is going to be great on the pieced back I'm hoping to do on the back of the quilt!

Received from a personal swap


I also sent these cute wonky stars to Tacha (aka Hanies) for the Sew Kid at Heart Quilting Bee. She's doing an animal/star quilt for her daughter. I added the Lizzy House ducks since I thought they fit the theme well. I had a bit of trouble with these little ones keeping my seams an exact 1/4" but I love how they turned out and it was completely worth the trouble! They're about 6.5" square.

Tacha's Stars for Sew Kid at Heart

3 comments:

  1. these wonky stars are really adorable. i love them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for adding the lizzy house ducks. They are so cute!

    I just love that witch, especially the knobbly knees! I guess for Halloween! You are organised. I better get my act together. I am supposed to be making gifts for my Mum's 60th, my husband's 40th and my sister's 30th which are all in the first week of October.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your wonky stars! I have a pile that I pulled for some more than a month ago - and now I see everybody's cool stars popping up. I can't wait to start mine!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you and I like to send responses to comments so make sure to leave a way for me to do that!