Monday, June 22, 2009

Google Reader Trick

Since I think this is pretty cool, I thought I'd share with those of you who use Google Reader. I often feel like I'm missing out when I read people's blogs in my reader, because I miss something since I don't see what they're blog looks like and what's on the sidebars, etc. There's a feature on Google Reader so that you can flip through the actual webpages of the posts in your Reader.

How to Make Google Reader into a Bookmark


You add a bookmark that's called "Next>>" that takes you to the newest unread post in your Reader. I would prefer if it would take me to the next oldest unread item, but hopefully that's in the works... The other annoying quirk is that I can't star items when I view them this way, so I have to search for it back in Google Reader if I want to star it, but on the whole I'm excited!

Here's how to do it:
1. Go to "Manage Subscriptions" in the lower left corner of Google Reader
How to Make Google Reader into a Bookmark


2. On the top, click on the tab called "Goodies"
How to Make Google Reader into a Bookmark


3. In the middle, you'll see the link for the "Next>>" button. You just drag it on your bookmarks shortcut bar, and it's done!

4. If you want to be even fancier and only have the Next button for certain tags, you can pick one of those tags for the Next button. You can see that's what I did so I only scroll through my quilting/crafting blogs.
How to Make Google Reader into a Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you and I like to send responses to comments so make sure to leave a way for me to do that!