Friday, January 8, 2010

A few more new books

After exchanging gifts with Jon's side of the family, here are a few new additions to my sewing library (which had 0 books before the holiday season):
New Books!

Heather Ross's Weekend Sewing looks like it has some good projects that I've seen all over flickr and blogland.

One Yard Wonders looks amazing! It has 100 projects, from home dec to kid stuff to clothes to softies. I've already found a handful of projects that are now on the must-sew list. Great gift ideas too!

New Books!

These are going to be good for finally making some of my own clothes. Although the cover is seriously outdated, Palmer's Fit for Real People is a great resource about how to alter patterns to get them to actually fit. I have all kinds of problems buying off-the-rack, so I would love to learn to make clothes that actually work for me.

Sew What! Skirts looks like a fun basic book that basic instructions for pieces that mix and match for different skirt types, like different cuts, closures and waistbands. There isn't much new information for me there, but it's nice to have it all in one place as a resource.

7 comments:

  1. I'm focusing on quilting today, Kris, but I'm gonna check out your books. I, too, want some nice basic clothes. I'm so tired of poorly made and a not so fitting fit. It's enough to give a person fits! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are great gifts...i am hoping to get my hands on the one yard wonders book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too received Weekend Sewing and One Yard Wonders for Christmas, along with Home Sewn! And then I went out and bought I Love Patchwork because I really wanted - it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay new books! So fun. It looks like you got some great ones too. And the FFRP is truly full of great info on making patterns work for you. Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got a lot of great gift books! But did you get the gift of TIME to make all those cool things too?? :D

    Looking forward to a creative 20-10!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, new books - that's always a good thing!

    I'll be interested to see what you make from the One Yard Wonders book. I've seen it on amazon and was very tempted to put it on my wish list, so it'll be good to know if it's worth getting.

    I got the Sew What Skirts book for Christmas. I've never made any clothes but this looked like a good place to start and it's got loads of lovely ideas!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you and I like to send responses to comments so make sure to leave a way for me to do that!