Saturday, April 3, 2010

I did it!

I actually got some sewing done... hurray! Life has been pretty hectic for me lately so I'm a little late with my March blocks (a first for me), but I also started my April blocks so hopefully it won't happen again.

For Traveling Threads (for March!), Mari (aka midland-design) wanted blocks that remind us of a summer garden so she can have a bright quilt to snuggle under during Norwegian winters. I had a lot of fun doing raw edge applique and embroidery on this one. Aren't the frogs cute?
Traveling Treads Block for Mari
Mari for block detail

For snip.sew.send in March, Tina (of Little Blue Cottage) is making a pink quilt for her daughter and wanted a block full of squares. I ran out of fabric to finish the last square, but I figure she probably has more pink at home.
Snip.Sew.Send for Tina

For snip.sew.send for April, Heather (of Quiltin' Like Crazy) sent yellow fabrics with really specific instructions that were easy to follow. An episode of "This American Life" later, I had this block:
Snip.Sew.Send for Heather

I have another block or two I'm hoping to do this weekend and also get caught up on some research related work that I'd really like to finish. Hope you all are having a great weekend... anyone else loving the warm weather???

7 comments:

  1. Cute blocks - and I love listening to This American Life while I quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are really cute. i love the pink block...the fussy cut girl in the center is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Warm weather? Lucky duck! Nothing but cold wind and rain here. Hopefully it will warm up again soon! :)

    What a productive weekend you've had! Awesome. I just love that flower block with the little frogs. The fabrics work so well together and it is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those frogs are fantastic! I also love listening to "This American Life" while I am quilting. Great blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you had a few free minutes to have fun! Your blocks are all fantastic. Yes, we are loving the warm weather - sunny, upper 70s, and all our fruit trees are in full bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kris, your blocks are refreshingly lovely. I luv the sweet simplicity of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the frogs on that flower block! And yes, the weather is fantastic. I've been napping in the grass at lunchtime everyday for about a week :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you and I like to send responses to comments so make sure to leave a way for me to do that!