Sunday, June 8, 2014

Nursery Projects

I've actually been sewing for my little one!

First up, a collapsible storage bin that will likely live on the dresser/changing table. The fabric is this adorable yellow giraffe home dec fabric. I also have a teal chevron in a similar weight, so I'm considering making another one so I have two that are the same size.

I mostly followed this pattern, but I didn't put binding on the bottom of the box (instead I did the seams so that the seams ended up on the inside of the box). I also hot glued the binding on the top of the box and the fabric on the removable bottom of the box. The pattern suggested sewing these one, but there is no way my machine was going to handle sewing through cardboard. 

Next up, a pillow with a base envelope closure. We're planning to get an IKEA slipcovered armchair and install a glider base, but the chair will need an extra back pillow.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Look at all those bright happy colors and spiffy animal prints! I love it!!! :)


I love to hear from you and I like to send responses to comments so make sure to leave a way for me to do that!