Sunday, April 12, 2009

I've been hiding something...

2 posts in one day...this is just silly!

But, I was waiting to post this project since it was a present and I didn't want to ruin the surprise today. For Whitney's birthday, I made her a case for her double pointed knitting needles (you should check out her amazing knitting creations here!). I based the case off of this tutorial. I added trim to the pockets and since Whitney has some mischievous cats that tend to eat anything string-like, I used snaps for the closure. The fabrics are Paula Prass, Par Garden Trellis in Aqua, Michael Miller, Mod Geo in Sage and Patricia Bravo, Living Elements in Coral.



In unrelated news, I got some great new Michael Miller Fabric from his Bots and Rockets line. I'm going to use it for a baby quilt for my cousin who's having a little boy this summer. I'm so excited to get going on this project, but I'm not going to get a chance the next couple weekends to get the rest of the fabric I need, so it'll just have to wait. sigh.

2 comments:

  1. I love my dpn case so absurdly much! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The DPN case is so nice! I came over from the STUD flickr group... what part of uspstate NY are you in? I am originally from the Rochester area (Victor)! ~ Jennie

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you and I like to send responses to comments so make sure to leave a way for me to do that!