Sunday, April 12, 2009

Oldies but Goodies

I have pictures of some of the projects that I finished up before I started the blog and figured I would share some of them.

When my boyfriend, Jon, and I moved into our new apartment, my mom and I tag-teamed and made curtains for all the windows. Jon and I wanted to use plain white fabric so that the light streamed in, but you couldn't see in. I love the back tabs and it was worth the extra time.



My favorite project this year was one for a friend of mine who is 6'1". She had never owned a pair of pj pants that actually went to the floor. I used a Simplicity pattern and added 5" to the length, they came out perfect in size. I also altered the waistband so that the drawstrings tie in the front rather than on the inside of the pants.


My first quilt was one I made Jon a couple years ago. It was a bit a big project to start with and after doing about half of the stitch in the ditch quilting I ran out of time and my mom had to bail me out. She completed the quilting and graciously sewed the binding for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you and I like to send responses to comments so make sure to leave a way for me to do that!