I used mostly Michael Miller's Bots N Rockets fabric and added a blue solid and some dots I found at a local quilt shop. I love how fun the fabric is and I think the bright colors will still work as he gets bigger. I used a disappearing nine-patch design and I think it adds to the whimsy.
It measured about 36" square, a little on the small side, but perfect for "belly time" or tossing over the car seat.
Since I didn't want to emphasize the squares, but rather the jumble of color, I went with circles in a kind of bubble pattern for the quilting. It was my first real try at free motion quilting (my quilting foot finally arrived). I wasn't quite feeling up to stippling the the whole thing, and I like the look of the circles. They aren't all smooth or exactly round (even though I drew the circles on the quilt before quilting), but I'm trying not to be bothered by that.
The back is more of the Sprockets fabric and a round label.
I really like the label (don't mind me smudging my last name for posting online). I used freezer paper to secure it before I wrote on it and it went much better than the last one. I ironed it on with fusible web and then did my first blanket stitch around the edge. Once again, although it isn't perfect, I'm quite happy for my first try.