Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The quilt that started it all

While I was out of town in Chicago and Minnesota (more pictures to come), I went through some boxes of my stuff at my parents' house and came across my very first sewing project.

My very first quilt


When I was little there were a couple summers that I spent at my grandma's house instead of in daycare and during one of them when I was about 8 years old, I begged her to teach me to use the sewing machine. We made this quilt together for a doll bed that didn't have any bedding. There were even matching sheets and pillowcases.

Matching sheets


I don't know why the whole thing isn't tied, but I imagine playing with it probably made some of them come out. I can't really imagine picking these fabrics today, but there's something really sweet about them on this little bed.

1 comment:

I love to hear from you and I like to send responses to comments so make sure to leave a way for me to do that!